Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Goodbye 2014. Hello 2015.

"Self-criticism and judgement is the way you break your own heart." - Sarah Cuhr

Self-criticism, starts young, whether it be destroying the image in the mirror, or not liking the drawing we made in art class in Junior High, self-criticism begins the moment we realize we have an image. It's a well known statement that artists often hate what they create, and I'm no stranger to the emotional roller coaster of hating and loving (sometimes at the exact same time) my own work.






One of my greatest focuses of my late twenties was to stop being so hard on myself, whether that applied to me physically or artistically. I think it's so important to value your strengths, accept (and work on) your weaknesses, and to not let that hinder your growth.

So, from exploring the beauty of my home state, to adventures with friends, to the faces of my clients & friends my first post of 2014 is dedicated to any and all who encouraged me in my own art. Thank you. Here's to another year of memories & joy.